Friday 2 September 2011

SPOTTED & DOTTED!

(love...)
(I...)


(these...)
(pictures!)

I can't possibly think of any other garment and accessory pattern that is as effortless, playful and forever in fashion as polka dots! The print takes me on a trip down memory lane; as a child I had a red and white polka dot dress that I couldn't part with because of how cute I thought I looked in it. :) Unfortunately I do not have photographic evidence to prove this! Polka dots are complimentary on a number of garments and adds a chic, vintage feel to any outfit; pleated skirts, sheer blouses, pants, shorts, dresses, hats, scarfs, even shoes, it just works!

What I love most about the print, other than everything about it, is the different sizes and colours you can get it in, Classic colour combinations include black dots on white, white dots on black (reverse colour does actually make a garment appear completely different; another things to love about polka dots) red dots on white and white dots on red, which was the combination of my once-upon-a-time childhood dress. Pairing polka dots with garments of the same colour scheme guarantees you looking polished. Everyone can pull of this trend, as long as it's worn in the right way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...